Following a recent re-location, my private counselling and supervision practice is now based in Ramsey, Huntingdon.
I have worked for 10 years in therapeutic counselling agencies, day-care/residential care homes and the Peterborough Pastoral Scheme for the Clergy. I worked as Supervisor and then Lead Supervisor with Cruse Bereavement Care, Leicester and Rutland 2017-20.
I trained and qualified as a Lay Pastoral Minister in the Church of England (Peterborough Diocese, 2016-2020). Before this, I was a teacher of English and Communication for 11 years in Richmond, Surrey. I took an extended break to bring up my children and at the same time volunteered in community and church projects with children, older people and refugees.
As a supervisor:
- Certificate in Pastoral Supervision (Association of Pastoral Supervision and Training)
As a counsellor:
- Accredited as a counsellor by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- B.A. (Hons.) in Person-centred counselling and psychotherapy (University of Warwick)
- Certificate in lay hospital visiting (Edgehill Theological College, Belfast)
As a teacher:
- Certificate in Education (Further Education) (Garnett College, Roehampton)
- B.A. (Hons.) in English Language and Literature (University of Birmingham)
As a Lay Pastoral Minister
- Trained and licensed in Peterborough Diocese, 2016-2020