I have a private practice based in Oakham, Oadby and Leicester.
I am qualified as a Lay Pastoral Minister in the Church of England.
I have worked for 8 years in therapeutic counselling agencies, day-care/residential care homes and the Peterborough Pastoral Scheme for the Clergy. Before this I was a teacher of English and Communication for 11 years in Richmond, Surrey. I took an extended break to bring up my children and at the same time volunteered in community and church projects with children, older people and refugees.
As a supervisor:
- Certificate in Pastoral Supervision (Association of Pastoral Supervision and Training)
As a counsellor:
- Accredited as a counsellor by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- B.A. (Hons.) in Person-centred counselling and psychotherapy (University of Warwick)
- Certificate in lay hospital visiting (Edgehill Theological College, Belfast)
As a teacher:
- Certificate in Education (Further Education) (Garnett College, Roehampton)
- B.A. (Hons.) in English Language and Literature (University of Birmingham)